2012 m. vasario 15 d., trečiadienis

News

I haven't posted in a while and thought I could do this, since I don't feel like doing anything else at the moment. I've been working on another project for a while now. It's a rendering engine currently focused on opengl 2.0~. Hopefully I will be able to use it in this project after it's in a usable state.
Currently I have simple mesh buffer renderer using vertex arrays, soon will be implementing VBOs. Also supports lighting (up to 8 lights for now, since that should work on any hardware). Material system is currently really basic, allows texture blending using multitexture extension. Shadows not implemented yet and for now I think I don't really need them, as doing fixed function pipeline shadows is a bit performance hungry operation.

Why did I even start writing my own opengl rendering engine, I could have just used irrlicht, right? Well yes, I could, but for some reason I wanted to try out what I could achieve myself. I also wanted to understand a bit more how the whole rendering process goes. Besides reinventing the wheel is not that bad, you can tune it how ever you want and make it roll as you want it to :)

More info about the engine might be added sooner or later. Hopefully I'll get back to this project until the end of the year.. :D

Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą